This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Friday, September 25, 2015

SAMSON

Samson was one of the last of the judges of the ancient Israelites.

He was given supernatural strength by God in order to combat his enemies and perform heroic feats such as killing a lion, slaying an entire army with just the jawbone of an ass and destroying a pagan temple.

 Samson had two vulnerabilities however, his attraction to the wrong women and his hair which he was powerless without.  These vulnerabilities eventually led to his death.

Samson is believed by some to be buried in Tel Tzora Israel where there are two large gravestones, one for him and one for his father Manoah.

Samson was:
Dedicated to God from birth as a Nazirite
Known for his feats of strength
Listed in the Hall of Faith in Hebrews 11
Began to free Israel from Philistine oppression
Violated his vow and God's laws on many occasions
Was controlled by sensuality
Used his gifts and abilities unwisely
Father; Manoah

His story is told in Judges 13-16.  And he is also mentioned in Hebrews 11:32


No comments:

Post a Comment