This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Friday, September 25, 2015

ARCHANGEL GABRIEL

Gabriel is one of only two angels specifically named in the Bible.  (The other being Michael).

He is an angel who typically serves as a messenger sent from God to certain people.

He is mentioned both in the Old and the New Testament.

In the Old Testament it is in the book of Daniel where he explains Daniels visions to him.
In the New Testament it is in the book of Luke where he appears to Zacharia and Mary fortelling the births of both John the Baptist and Jesus.
He is also the angel that causes Zacharia to be unable to speak for a period of time due to his unbelief of the angel's message.

No comments:

Post a Comment