This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Monday, September 28, 2015

ADAM

Was once the first, and only, man on earth.  He had never known another human being.  He missed much that makes us who we are-he had no childhood, no parents, no family or friends.  He had to learn to be human on his own.  God didn't let him struggle too long before presenting him with an ideal companion and mate, Eve.  Theirs was a complete, innocent, and open oneness without a hint of shame.

Before God made Eve he had already given Adam complete freedom in the garden, with the responsibility to tend and care for it.  But one tree was off limits, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  Adam would have told Eve all about this.  She knew, when Satan approached her, that the tree's fruit was not to be eaten.  However, she decided to eat the forbidden fruit.  Then she offered some to Adam.  At that moment, the fate of creation was on the line.  Sadly, Adam didn't pause to consider the consequences.  He went ahead and ate.

In that moment of  rebellion something shattered.  God's perfect creation, man was separated from God by his desire to act on his own.  Many things would change for Adam after that beginning with being cast out of the Garden of Eden.  He would also have to toil and struggle and work to live from now on among other things.

Adam was:

Only mand who never had an earthly mother of father
First zoologist-namer of animals
First landscape architect, placed in the garden to care for it
Father of the human race
First person made in the image of God.
First human to share an intimate personal relationship with God
Avoided responsibility and blamed others, chose to hide rather than confront, made excuses rather than admitting the truth

Relatives:
Wife: Eve
Sons: Cain, Abel, Seth, Numerous other children.


No comments:

Post a Comment