This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

THE FLOOD ENDS: Genesis Chapter 8

The floods continued and God remembered Noah and the ark.  God closed the floodgates and he sent a wind over the earth and the waters receded steadily until, at the end of the 150 days the water had gone down enough that the Ark came to rest.  This happened when Noah was 600 years, seven months and 17 days old.  The ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat which is in present day Turky near the USSR boarder.



Here the Ark continued to rest and after 40 days Noah opened the window of the ark and sent out a raven. He then sent out a dove which returned to him.  After 7 more days he sent the dove out again and this time it returned with an olive leaf-proof of life!  Seven days later he sent the dove out and this time it didn't return.  When Noah was 601 year, one month and one day old he saw dry land from the ark and one month and 26 days later he was able to come out along with everyone else.  He built an alter to the Lord and gave a sacrifice using some of the clean animals and birds he had.

Here, God says that he will never again, as long as the earth endured, curse the earth or destroy all living creatures because of man, even though 'every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood.'  It's so sad to think that people are so bad.  

Timeline of Noah's Flood:




Notice that from the time Noah enters the Ark until he leaves it is somewhere around one year.

Evidence of the Ark has never been found although rumors of sightings have been told.  But the area remains largely unexplored and the ark probably would have completely decomposed by now but wouldn't it be an awesome discovery today?


No comments:

Post a Comment