This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

NOAH PREPARES FOR THE FLOOD: Genesis Chapter 7

At this point God tells him to take seven pairs of each kind of 'clean' animal (meaning animals used for sacrifices) and 2 pairs of each kind of unclean animal.  According to science it is estimated that 45,000 animals could have fit into the ark.  Seven days before the flood starts God tells Noah and his family to start loading up which Noah did.  He is 600 years old at this time.  The Bible tells us that the animals came to Noah.  What a scene that must have been.  If I had been a doubter back then that in itself would have made me change my mind quick.  A footnote I liked about this said; 'God took care of the details of that job while Noah was doing his part by building the ark.  Often we do just the opposite of Noah.  We worry about details over which we have no control, while neglecting specific areas (such as attitudes, relationships, responsibilities) that are under our control....concentrate on what God has given you to do and leave the rest to God.'

So seven days later, when  Noah was 600 years, two months and 17 days old, everyone is loaded up and ready, the 'Lord shut him in' and the flood gates opened up. For forty days the flood kept coming.  It says that all the mountains were covered to a depth of more than twenty feet and that every living thing on the earth was wiped out except for Noah and those in the ark with him.  And the waters flooded the earth for 150 days.    

No comments:

Post a Comment