This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

NAPHTALI

  • 6th son of Jacob
  • One full brother Dan, 10 half brothers.
  • Born to Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid.
  • Means "my struggle"  because Rachel said; "I have had a great struggle with my sister, and I have won."
  • Described by Jacob as "a deer that has been set free."  Possibly because of his free spirit.
  • Praised in the Song of Deborah (Judges 5:18) for bravery in defeating Sisera and the Canaanites.
  • Jesus started his ministry in Naphtali and calls His first disciples from it's shores.
  • Had four sons: Jahzeel, Guni, Jezer, and Shillemhtali.

No comments:

Post a Comment