This is my "God Spot" blog

Hello, and welcome to my "God Spot" blog. This is a place for me to journal about my relationship with God. It includes bible readings, other books I learn from, songs, thoughts, etc. Just stuff that has to do with my relationship with God. I have read the bible from cover to cover before and want to do it again but this time instead of going straight through from front to back I want to read it in a chronological order so I found a print out to map it out for me. I am a big history buff too so I may add things like maps or recent scientific discoveries, etc. I hope it will be fun, educational and that my relationship with God will be enhanced by it.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

JUDAH

  • Fourth born to Jacob (Israel)
  • Name means "praise" 
  • Mother was Leah, Jacob's first but less favored wife.
  • Full brothers:  Reuben, Simeon & Levi (older), Issachar & Zebulun (younger)
  • Six half brothers:  Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Joseph & Benjamin.
  • Instigator in plan to kill Joseph.  Was going to kill him with a knife but Levi stopped him, suggesting they throw him in a pit instead.
  • Married ta Canaanite woman.
  • Had three children: Er, Onan and Shelah with her.
  • Had sex with his daughter-in-law thinking she was a prostitute, she became pregnant and bore two sons, twins, Pharez and Zerah, Judah's fourth & fifth sons.
  • His allotted land included the city of Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
  • Judah became the name of the southern kingdom when Israel was divided into two kingdoms.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment